Other Names:Potassium Carbonate
Agriculture Grade, food grade, Industrial Grade, Reagent grade
Product name:Potassium carbonate
Melting point:891 ºC
6000 Metric Ton/Metric Tons per Month
25KG/BAG, 22MT/20'FCL without pallets
Potassium Carbonate 99%
Lead Time :
|Quantity(Metric Tons)||1 - 25||>25|
|Est. Time(days)||7||To be negotiated|
Appearance: White powder/granule
CAS No.: 584-08-7
Molecular Formula: K2CO3
Potassium Carbonate may be monoclinic crystal, white powder, granular crystal or prill. The relative density is 2.428 and the melting point is at 891 degree C .It is easily soluble in water forming a slightly alkaline solution. It is insoluble in alcohol and ether. It has strong hygroscopicity. It easily cakes and turns into Potassium Bicarbonate through absorbing carbon dioxide when exposed to the air for a long time.
|Potassium carbonate,% ≥||99%|
|Sulfate as K2SO4,% ≤||0.01|
|Ferric as Fe,% ≤||0.001|
|Loss after burning,% ≤||0.60|
|Chloride as KCL,% ≤||0.01|
1. It is used as raw materials in manufacturing electro tube, TV kinescope, computer display, and is applied in optical glass improving clarity, strength and refractive index.
2. It is applied in electrode avoiding electric arc breaking-off during welding, and is used to produce food additives like potassium sorbate, monopotassium phosphate, etc.
3. It is foliar spray fertilizer and a constituent of compound fertilizer. In dyeing industry, and is used to produce vat dyestuff and discharge of ice dyeing.
4. It is absorbent removing hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide; dry powder extinguisher mixed with soda; auxiliary raw material for producing alcohol and acetone; and anti-aging agent in rubber production.
5. Its solution is used in boiling and scouring of cotton cloth and wool's degreasing. Used in manufacture of printing ink, photograph-drug, polyester, explosives, electroplating, tanning, ceramic, building materials, crystals and medicine.